Sunday, January 29, 2017

President Trump

Ya know, I hardly ever speak on politics, but I just feel so heavy hearted about something right now. It's driving me crazy.
Ok, I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, as am I. A lot of people have been up in arms about Donald J. Trump being elected President of the United States. Face it folks, what's done is done. There's nothing anyone can do about it at all! He has only been in Office for 9 days! Let's all just sit back for a little while and see exactly what He does before we all start bashing President Trump. He is human just like all of us. He is going to make mistakes, just like everyone else. He's going to do stuff that some agree with and He's going to do things that some don't agree with. We all should be adult enough to agree to disagree! It hurts me really bad to see on social media where family members (not necessarily mine) have started arguing over something as stupid as politics. Come on people, is politics really worth arguing with your family members or closest friends over and taking a chance of never speaking to that family member or close friend again? No, it's really not. I am not sitting here claiming to know anything about politics, but I know enough to know it's not worth destroying families or friendships over! Although President Trump doesn't have the political experience, like a Senator, Congressman, Governor, etc. I'd darn well rather see Him in office than another Clinton! Trump has business smarts and, to get some things done in this country, that in and of itself may be what we need in the White House.
Now, all that being said... On his immigration plans, I don't totally agree with everything he wants to do. I feel that, if you're an immigrant from another country, who wants to come to America to make a better life for yourself, and you go through all of the proper channels, get all the required documents, go through a very strong vetting process and pass all background checks, etc, you should be let into the United States. If you don't do all of this the legal and proper way, you shouldn't be allowed to get into the United States. I don't want someone from another country trying to come here, that hasn't been carefully checked, and that person ends up killing thousands of my fellow Americans.
I can see both sides of the argument here, to be honest. I can see where President Trump is afraid to let immigrants from other countries into the US. He is concerned, just like all of us should be, that people from these countries are not really coming here to make better lives for themselves, but to wreak havoc on the United States. Nobody wants that! He, as President, has to look at all sides. Now, I know He has sense enough to know that not all Muslims are bad people and they're not all terriorists, nor are all Syrians, etc. He's just got to find a way to confirm, without a doubt, who is safe and who isn't to let into our country. I think that's his main objective in this case. I can also see where immigrants, who have done everything they need to do and done it correctly are upset that they can't get back into the US yet. Just be patient folks, I am sure it will happen, once President Trump and His staff have a chance to figure it all out and make sure its going to work and not put the US and her citizens in more danger than we're already in. He's said, if I am not mistaken, that this is not a permanent plan. It's only temporary, until the government figures out a better way to keep those who actually plan to do harm to the US, away from our borders and our soil. I sure don't blame Him there. Good grief He only wants to keeps us safe!  As I said before, He's only been in office for 9 days! He's not going to be able to figure out everything over night! He has given his people 90 days to help Him figure this out! Give him time, folks! He may really tick off more people than he already has. Then again, He may surprise everyone!
I also feel that He is taking this time to look at and come up with a solution to help our Military, Veterans, the homeless and the poor. Before we all jump on the bandwagon to impeach Him, let's just see what He does. By the way, just because He does things we don't like, does not give us the American people the right to call for His impeachment! Just because He does things we don't like, is NOT grounds for impeachment! In order to have President Trump impeached, He has to have broken the law. Impeachment also does not get Him out of office! It's just a fancy way to say He has been charged with a crime! Making laws we do not like isn't a crime! It's Him, as the leader of this country, doing what He feels is the right thing to get the US back to where it should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment